*This vacancy is meant for sous-chefs who live in (the vicinity of) Amsterdam*
Do you know your way around a sizzling hot pan, can you create the juiciest steak and do you thrive in a busy work environment? Perfect, because you would fit right into our fun and international team as a full time sous-chef at The Grasshopper! Our restaurant, which is around the corner from Dam Square, attracts a bunch of guests. That means that there’s always a lot of beautiful dishes in the making lined up for you! We’re looking for a sous-chef who can grill like a boss and loves to turn high-quality ingredients into even higher quality entrées. Therefore, a few years of experience is required. In return, you’ll have access to a brand new kitchen, which is provided with the latest kinds of kitchen equipment. And if you’re new to the city, our location is the perfect place to make yourself familiar with the Amsterdam city center.
We have one central kitchen, which serves the different storeys of our striking establishment. It houses – amongst other things – a restaurant, grand café and a lounge. Because of its central location, there are a lot of tourists who could remember this night for years to come! You will work together with a team of independently working cooks, which means that there’s a mutual participation, sense of responsibility and self-sufficiency. Besides prime steaks, the menu also consists out of fresh seafood, burgers, salads, pasta and delicious desserts.
- Knowhow about preparing meat perfectly;
- Knowing your way around a kitchen with state-of-the-art equipment;
- Able to work a late shift every now and then;
- In the possession of a SVH (Social Responsibility) certificate;
- At least two years of experience as a cook;
- Knowledge of laws concerning HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points).
- The best ingredients for you to work with;
- A fun international team of colleagues;
- A full time job with lots of varied shifts;
- A salary which is conform the hospitality cao;
- A good way to get into contact with lots of nice people!
Check our other vacancies as well.